1. About You
2. Next of kin
3. Workplace information
It is a legal requirement that you carry business class cover on your car insurance (if your own vehicle will be used) and your insurance documents must be submitted to this office for verification and a copy will be kept for our records, if employment is offered.
4. Employment History
Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014
The Company is obliged to obtain a Full and Accurate Employment History on all employees who wish to work with children and vulnerable adults; to this end it is required that all prospective employees undertake to give a full and accurate account of their employment history from leaving full time education, starting with your most recent job first so that the organisation can assess your suitability for the role you are applying for. You must ensure that any gaps in employment history are explained in full and dates must be accurate. Please continue on a separate sheet if necessary. You must also declare that in the course of any employment if you have been subject to any cautions, reprimands or disciplinary hearings.
The Company will automatically enrol you in the NEST (National Employment Savings Trust) Pension Scheme). If offered employment, you will receive all the details on how to opt out of this Pension Scheme should you wish to do so. The Company cannot opt out on your behalf, this is the employee`s responsibility. Pensions deductions from pay currently stand at 5%.
Please give names and addresses of 2 referees from whom references may be obtained, one of which must be your last or most recent employer, (we will not contact them without your consent).
Vogue Future Living (VFL) reserve the right to withdraw an offer of employment if satisfactory `professional` references are not obtained.
(References cannot be accepted from family members)
You may also provide the details of a 3rd referee where there is no recent or current employer.
7. Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)
The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) order 1975 defines any organisation that during their business are likely to ask exempted questions if an individual in the course of employment, which involves working with children under the age of 18 or vulnerable adults as an `Exemption Office`. Because of the nature of the work for which you are applying, you must provide information about convictions. Applicants are therefore not entitled to withhold information about convictions for which for other purposes are `SPENT` under the provisions of the act.
The type of question involved would be `Have you been convicted of any offence or received a caution, warning or reprimand? This will aid in the recruitment of suitable people to organisations with a duty of care and will suffice contractual requirements to local authorities. It is a statutory and contractual requirement for VFL to have access to the DBS as a registered organisation.
The Disclosure contains details of all convictions on record including spent convictions (as defined under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act). This includes details of any caution’s reprimands or warnings held on the Police National Computer (PNC) and the DBS will undertake an Enhanced check for the Regulated Activity and DBS Adult First Check for Vulnerable Groups including Children.
Applicants should be aware that the Company is entitled to recoup the full cost of the DBS Check if satisfactory DBS Checks at Enhanced Level are not obtained for whatever reason or due to incorrect or misleading information at time of application.
8. Equality & Diversity
We are an equal opportunities employer and observe the Commission for Racial (CRE) Equality Code of Practice. We are committed to this policy in our employment practices and are aware that we live in a diverse society; to this end we endeavour to reflect this through our selection processes. We recognise that discrimination may occur based on gender, marital status, sexuality, race, disability, age ethnic origin, religion, or political opinion and it is our Policy not to discriminate, directly or indirectly in recruitment, promotion, training or conditions of employment on any of these grounds. To assist us in measuring the success in providing equality of opportunity to any positions we advertise, and to adhere to the Equality Act regarding LGBTQ we would like you to complete the following questions. The information you provide will be used for Diversity and Equality Monitoring purposes and will allow us to take Positive Action should we need to redress the balance.
The below questions are optional but would greatly help us in assessing suitability for this post.
9. Health Check Declaration
The Health Check & Declaration is required as part of our quality monitoring processes and applicants are requested to fill out this section truthfully. The information you provide will assess suitability for the post and is designed to ensure fitness for purpose. It is also used to identify and eliminate any potential risks or hazards to prospective employees. The purpose of this declaration is not to discriminate and the information you provide will be held securely on our files (only during the course of this employment) and for future reference and inspection by the Local Authorities & CQC.
Applicant GP Details
10. Infection Control
Due to our work involving care for and working with vulnerable individuals, we strongly encourage all staff to accept the Covid-19 vaccination (The Vaccination). We will seek confirmation from you that you have had the Vaccination. Your employment and continuing employment is conditional upon you receiving the Vaccination and providing proof that you have received it (and/or any additional Vaccination e.g annual vaccination or boosters that are required to stop the spread of infection) In the event that you refuse or have refused to have the Vaccination (or any Vaccination and/or subsequent boosters, that stop the spread of infection or viruses), the company reserve our rights to request that you undertake alternative duties if there are any available. If there are no such alternative duties available, we may terminate your contract.
Please read carefully before signing
• I declare that the answers given are true and correct and give a full and complete picture of my health in every respect.
• I understand that VFL reserve the right to conduct an Annual Declaration & Health Status Check on its staff by using this same method.
• I give VFL permission to contact my doctor for further particulars regarding my medical records should it be necessary and am prepared to undergo a medical examination if this is required.
• I understand and agree to follow the guidance and requirements regarding Infection Control.
• I understand and accept that if any of the information given in this document is incorrect or untrue, that VFL reserves the right to immediately terminate my employment.
• Any worker that leaves the organisation without the required notice period forfeits the right for automatic payment via Bacs and will receive any final pay in the next scheduled pay run.
• The cost of any training received within 6 months prior to termination of employment will be deducted from final pay.
• It is a requirement that candidates are able to work flexibly which could include some evening and weekend work and be able to work in other locality areas if required to do so.
• General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR) – the company will only use your personal data for the purpose of assessing suitability for employment. HMRC require the company to keep all financial data for 3 years and the regulators of Health and Social Care (CQC) require the organisation to keep personal information/data we hold on you during the course of your employment and this information will never be shared with a 3rd party or divulged to unauthorised personnel.
I declare that the information supplied within this application is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any false information knowingly given could be treated fraudulently and could result in the application not being processed further. I understand and agree for the organisation to undertake all necessary checks as required under the Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 and under the General Data Protection Act 2018 (GDPR).
Authenticating Signature of applicant
(to be signed in the presence of the interviewers)